Monday, June 9, 2008

Parting Seas

Let me go,
I am not responsible
For the actions that you take when I leave.
All I know,
Is that I must travel and take these steps for me.
Thank you for the
Sweet, sweet memories!

My life will never be the same.
But I felt this change coming
Like the tidal waves
It was just as unexpected like
The love I felt for you.
Please don’t make me responsible,
I am not the cause….
Don’t put your dreams on pause.
Just please leave me in good memory.

I’ll think of you with a smile,
Knowing the roads diverged in peace.
That my path will lead me in the right direction
And all will happen with good reason.
Let the tidal waves of time
Wash away the pain….
Let the tears rush down like rain.
Scream my name in vain.

And then one day
When I am not so far away
The tide will go your way.
And we shall rejoice,
The parting seas shall rejoice.

No comments: