Sunday, June 8, 2008

Meant to Fly

Meant to Fly

I scream, you scream, we both scream.
Words that we don’t really mean.
I hate you, you hate me, but we’re still standing as we.
We compromise; letting eyes conceals tears of lies.

We both know that at some point, we must let go.
But my heart and your heart aren’t willing to conceal.
What we both know is real, and if two hearts can feel
Why give up that art that was created by two hearts?

You know the end is coming soon,
And nature has to bloom.
I am a butterfly while you are a spider,
Tying my wings tighter, and making my eyes wider.

True colors must show, and you and me, we know
That it is time, time to let go.
You must show your talent, creative spider,
And I must fly into the sky - every day higher.

If you think that I just up and abandoned you.
It’s not because I wanted to.
It’s because it’s time that I show,
The colors you didn’t want to let go.

And if destiny puts you in front of me at the right time.
Then I will know that your heart truly is mine.
But for now, you know the reasons why this butterfly had to go.
You and I know that these wings were meant to fly.
And they’re flying each day higher into the sky.

No comments: