Monday, June 9, 2008

Kissing Frogs

I’ve never been treated better,
And sometimes I think I couldn’t get much higher.
Your actions proved every bit of my expectations wrong,
Where have you been all along?

Prince Charming I thought came only in fairy tales,
And if it’s true where’s the price?
This time I choose to fall without thinking twice.
But apart from me feeling worthy of it,
After kissing frog after frog,
I thought to myself, this is as good as it gets.

Feeling discouraged,
Depressed and used.
I thought, when am I ever going to be loved?
To be thought of without the interest or games.
I wanted something secure, something serious.
At least a frog worth kissing

This time I feel that, I didn’t kiss just any frog,
I kissed a prince who loves without self-interest.
Selfless in his actions and an unconditional partner

A prince worth having as a king,
A prince worth giving up everything.
So to my prince, I declare to you,
My heart….
With the strong belief that you will never break it apart.

No comments: